Thursday 7 March 2019

Curious, and Up core getting sorted

Saw this today.
https://coral.withgoogle.com/tutorials/devboard-datasheet/
A new board being pushed by Google no less.

hmmmm very curious, I'm not actually very interested in machine learning but the idea of a machine with a copro that is capable of it, and therefore capable of slight more things is interesting.
Sadly though at $149 its outside my self imposed spend limit.. so unless I can get a test unit (hint hint...as if anyone reads this). I'll have to leave it.

Its so different from other SBC's it might be quite a challenge to get this puppy up and running and it seems the GPU is capable of ES3.1 but is an MP4 unit, so unless there's something cool going on, its not going to outperform too many of the competition in graphic terms.

Even so.
Curious.


Also my UpCore board which I've struggled to get working since it arrived, and had it in and out of the drawer of shame was sent back to the UpStore for repair/replacement. Happy to see that despite being a slow process they do acknowledge it can't install Ubuntu, so are hopfully fixing or replacing as I type.
Can't wait to try one of these actully working at full whack.

No comments:

Post a Comment