Friday 5 October 2018

Fixed the ubuntu issues

In the end it wasn't anything strange, I just never noticed I was not logging in on root, and the xserver was therefor restricted. log in as root, or add xhost+ and you can then get access.

Sadly however I was still unable to get the T4 to work, it refuses to update itself without error, meaning I don't have a full set of features to compile and run the demos. Upsetting but I'll just wait a  while for a new more effective OS to come out.

Edit... I reinstalled, and then instead of allowing the onboard updater to work, did my own upgrade-dist and got it to update and work fine,
I had to instal x11 as a dev lib but once up and running its all good.

Not so sure that the Mali GPU divers are fully hardware accelerated though, as I get the same GLMark2 mark with and with out VBO's which is not sensible....meaning it may be emulating a lot.

The CPU is blistering though...so once those drivers get a bit more uptodate, this will be an odroid beater.

No comments:

Post a Comment