Wednesday 18 July 2018

New boards arrived

After a bit of confusion, the new boards arrived from the very nice people at FriendlyArm, I do like these guys a lot, they are always so keen to help with my addic.....research :D, will try to get them buil\t up and tested this weekend.

I'm mostly curious about the H5 equipped K1plus and the Rockchip 3399  T4, which is a real beast on paper, we'll have to see if it has graphic drivers.

Also there's an M1+ which is an eMMC upgrade and onboard wifi version of the M1 I was always fond of, not a lot of power but one of the simpler non Raspberry boards to get working.
Curious to see if it offers anything new..I'm guessing no, but will be fine to try.



The T4 boots straight up to android 7 now problem, and has the play store on board so I was able to download a few different tests with no issue, its quite a nice board, though falls waaaay below the performance levels of the current crop of phones its being tested against.
I'm going to install Lubuntu and see how its GLMark2-es2 results compare, as well as my usual test projects
I'll play with the K1 and M1 at the weekend, as I have things to do and I don't want to get distracted.

No comments:

Post a Comment